The Medical Tourism Association is a Global Non-profit association for the Medical Tourism and International Patient Industry.
The Medical Tourism Association is also committed to raising consumer awareness of international health care options educating consumers about their options internationally for medical treatment.
Many people believe medical tourism is a new phenomenon. This is just not true. People have been traveling outside of their borders for decades. The potential for this growing trend towards globalization is not designed to improve just the private sector. Raising the quality of care internationally in the private sector can have extremely positive effects on the public sector as well. The Medical Tourism Association connects hospitals and countries with accreditation systems making the highest level of technology and healthcare information available to people from around the world in both the private and public sector.
Mission of Medical Tourism Association
- To raise awareness of the high level of quality health care available in various countries.
- To promote positive and stable growth of the Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Industry with a strong focus on Transparency and Communication.
- To provide an unbiased source of information for patients, insurance companies and employers about top hospitals, their quality of care and outcomes.
- To protect the reputation of Medical Tourism from disreputable hospitals, health care providers and medical tourism facilitators which may not have the same level of quality healthcare and standards.
- To serve as one voice for purposes of dealing with government organizations and the media to protect the reputation of the Medical Tourism Association’s members.
- To promote and provide a forum for communication and to increase connectivity between patients, health care providers, and insurance companies.
- To seek out future affiliated industries and technologies that will allow international health care providers to operate more efficiently in the global healthcare industry.
- To educate patients, insurance companies, agents, brokers, consultants and physicians from around the world about the growth of medical tourism and the globalization of healthcare.